How I Met Sam Part 25

Oct 5 1999 4:51 p.m.
Dear Sam,
How are you doing? Are you sleeping alright? I saved you some newspaper articles - 7 total. You make a good picture. :)

sarah

Octo 5 1999 7:03 p.m.

Thanks Sarah for your note.

I wanted so bad to call you guys Sunday night when I got back here to make sure you are all OK. Then again yesterday and today, but so many others to call and write to that I never got round to it. Believe me, I've been thinking of you guys a ton, and been talking to our Father lots, esp. that you will sleep well. Your dad said you aren't, I'm sorry. I wish you could, wish I could do something to help you sleep better.

Remember, our Dad [references to God were always in this language because he wanted to be sensitive to the screeners of email in China] is shaping us, into the kids He wants us to be. His plan is so perfect, and your relationship with Him will have changed after this event. It will either draw you towards Him or away from Him. I'm confident that it will be towards Him. What could be better than that?

I keep thinking of the sufferings that Dad's Son, J went through for us. Wow. He sure loved us to do that. What an incredible Dad we have.

Thinking back now, I kind of wish I had spent a couple more nights with you guys down there, just to have someone else in the house. I'm sure it feels very lonely at night , and it must be so hard to keep your thoughts from wandering as you go to sleep.

You guys are very welcome to come up here for a couple nights just to get away from the environment. There is plenty of room in my apartment for all of you.

Keep very close to our Dad each day, each moment rely on Him heavily. He designed our minds and knows exactly how we think. He can take away any thoughts that keep us from sleeping. He's done that for me for some reason and has allowed me to sleep very well the last two nights.

Look forward to seeing you Thursday.

Sam

Oct 5 1999 10:50 p.m.
Dear Sam,

Thank you muchly for your kind letter. I am certain this will bring me closer to our Father. And yet I feel so weak. I am overwhelmed by it all I suppose.

I must say that your faith and encouraging words strengthen my spirit. you encourage me to seek the Father and that in turn warms my heart. I know I can rest securely in Him. I don't know what it is that I fear. It says, "Perfect love casts out all fear." I know that I am loved perfectly, and that I need not fear, for God is my refuge and strength and should I die in some horrible manner, it will be to His glory. As one before us said (Paul) - 'To me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.'

I'm off to bed now - Thank you for your prayers, I know they will be answered. He is sovereign over all things - big and small. Might I never forget it.

-sarah


Here's a Link to some journal entries I wrote during that time.

And here's the link to Part 26

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Craziness of Faith

23 years and half my life

Radical Hospitality