Meditation: Conversation with God

This time is like a conversation.

I open my heart and say all the things -

Sometimes nice things,

Upsetting things,

Confusing things.


They’re all there, and I just say it all: 

I don’t hold back.


I imagine You curiously listening.

You let it all come out, even when I’m frustrated.

Especially when I’m frustrated.

There is no slamming the door on our conversation.

You are patient.


Then there is a stillness - a pause.

I wait.

Maybe now You will speak.

Maybe now I can hear.

The pages of Your book are open before me:

What might You say?


You are alive in me -

Of course in the words of the book too!

The Spirit draws my eyes to read Your words.


Oh You did hear me! 

Your words soak into this parched soul.

And I am satisfied.




Comments

  1. Love the authenticity of this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! (By the way, I don't know who you are - but maybe I know you, but not from 'Live Loved' as a name :D)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Craziness of Faith

What if I'm not a Victorious Christian?

How I Met Sam Part 1