Meditation on Grief

 Sometimes I sit with the heaviness of the world,

Or, it sits with me - I cannot tell

Or be sure if I invite it, or it invites me.


My eyes are open and I see

My heart is open and it feels

My mind is open and I comprehend


Sorrows too great

Soul-crushing agony

Shame that beckons burial.


A burial - closing of earth - over what has been lost;

Needed ceremony to hallow and honour grief.

Many burials are needed - some daily.

I’ll wave goodbye to that loss,

To that joy, to that which I knew

That is no more.


What cannot be grieved cannot be reborn.

If I don’t sit in the solitary space,

Give voice to my cry, give attention to my soul,

I will miss the process of death turning

To Resurrection.





Comments

  1. Wow! Thank you! I needed to read this today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love your "name" by the way. Imagine if I thought of myself as living loved! Wow!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Craziness of Faith

What if I'm not a Victorious Christian?

How I Met Sam Part 1