Welcoming the Light

 


Welcoming the Light




Candle flickers, tea becomes cold


Sitting, waiting expectantly.


The fountain catches sunshine’s rays


And I am reminded of the Fountain of life.




Stillness in the air, quiet surrounds me,

And God waits to be heard.

"Listen, listen to me, and eat what is good and your soul will delight in the richest of fare."

Oh there's a feast waiting, 

Your words are sweeter than honey.




I open my ears to His sound.

Will His voice come to me?

What if He says something fearful,


Too heavy, too great for me to take in?

"The voice of the Lord thunders."




“Such thoughts are too wonderful for me; 

Too lofty to attain…” 

yet I yearn to expand my soul -

That my heart be enlarged,


That I might welcome Him with joy.

"I will run in the way of your commandments, when You enlarge my heart."

My heart expands. My feet take action.




The sun emerges, bright, bold - unashamed

Of its own radiance:

“The heavens declare the glory of God”


And I am instructed:

The weight of glory is not too great for God.

Remove the veil from my eyes,

That Your light, heavy and brilliant,

Or flickering and calm,

May enlighten

Me.




(Selections from Psalm 19, 119, 29, 139, and Isaiah 55.)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Craziness of Faith

What if I'm not a Victorious Christian?

How I Met Sam Part 1