Meditation: Prayer When in Distress

 God, You are still reaching out to me.

I am not forgotten, in the least.


You are not silent.

You see my gaping wound,

You rush in with a viscous love:

You will mother me - 

You delivered me when bound.


Bind me up in Your affectionate love.

Let me soak in Your delightful gaze.

Look on me with love-

Helpless as I am.


Fold me in Your arms and promise to keep me safe!

I wonder why, if You love me like a mother does,

Why You have allowed such horrors to come upon me?


Yet You haven’t dropped me.

I was close to stumbling, yet I didn’t.

Has my fear been worse than reality?

I cannot say.


I want Your comfort, Your reassurance.

I want to know You love me even if I’m broken.

Will You welcome this fragile child?

Will I be held, safe in Your arms?

Can I look on You as a secure Mother?


***********************


"Can a woman forget her nursing child,
or lack compassion for the child of her womb?
Even if these forget,
yet I will not forget you."

Isaiah 49:15


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Craziness of Faith

What if I'm not a Victorious Christian?

How I Met Sam Part 1