Meditation: Intimacy with God

 



Here you are with me; in me.

I sit with You, beside You, dine at Your table,

Walk in Your garden.


The day ends and You are still with me.

Moonlight on my path, stillness in the crisp evening air -

You speak in the quiet of silvery clouds and the whisper 

Of rustling leaves as the world beds down for the night.


Sometimes this is all I need, to know You are near.

Because then I can grab hold of Your hand

Like a desperate, dependent child

And cry out, ‘Please! Bring me out of my distress!’

And of course You do.


I feel the loving turn of Your face towards me.

Your grace flows freely, and I, in my lonely affliction,

Am Seen.


My steps continue in the darkness, and I am not alone.

You hold the loneliness with me.

My troubled heart spills out to You.

You welcome me again and again.

And I welcome You:


Here You are - with me.

In me.

Beside me.

I dine at Your table;

Walk in Your garden.



Comments

  1. Your writing blesses my heart and timely words again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It gives me great joy to hear this 💜

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Craziness of Faith

What if I'm not a Victorious Christian?

How I Met Sam Part 1