The Stories Jenny Held (2)


(See: The Stories Jenny Held (1) for the first post)


Sarah

I don't remember meeting Jenny for the first time - or who it was that gave her to me. It seems, as long as I can remember, that she was always there. And Ming Ming was always at my sister, Cathy's side. We were quite a foursome - me with my matching Jenny Doll, and Cathy with her Ming Ming.

I had been jealous because Cathy had a special doll named Amanda. Amanda was tattered and didn't smell or look good at all. But she was Cathy's favourite, so I didn't say anything. Still, I wished I could have a doll to hug and hold and comfort me when I needed a friend. I could get very lonely and sad.

Sometimes our dog, Chica, would sit with me while I told her everything. She (Chica, that is) also had rust-red hair, so I was sure we were truly related somehow. All the people in Hong Kong had black hair. I never saw another kid with red hair until I went to school, and even then, we were a rare breed.  I guess I was going to have to get used to being different.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Craziness of Faith

What if I'm not a Victorious Christian?

How I Met Sam Part 1