The Stories Jenny Held

 (This is me trying to tell my story through new eyes...)


Jenny


I was made long ago in a far-away place by a loving, elderly woman. She stitched me and stuffed me and carefully embroidered my bright blue eyes and wove together my rust-red yarn hair, into two neat little braids that hung thickly and tightly just over my shoulders. I have a plain blue dress and a sweet half-smile - permanently fixed on my white fabric face. Somehow, I was delivered to my playmate and best friend. 


It was a journey of many miles, stuffed in a suitcase, carried and delivered by a stranger who was going to visit my new family. I could hardly wait to meet my new friend. Of course I didn't travel alone! My Maker also made my sister - Ming Ming. She had black hair and black almond-shaped eyes, to match her new friend, just like I matched mine.


I loved having Ming Ming by my side and hoped we would continue to see much of each other in our new situation. I hoped my new friends would be gentle with me and not unravel my hair or pick out loose threads in my eyes. I needn't have worried. Sarah loved me.


Click here for the next post

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Craziness of Faith

What if I'm not a Victorious Christian?

How I Met Sam Part 1