The Stories Jenny Held (3)


Click here for previous post: Jenny Doll story (2)

 Jenny


I liked my new friend. She hugged me a LOT - sometimes so tightly I had to hold my non-existent breath! Sarah was my soul-mate. She would tuck me in bed right next to her at night and whisper all her secrets to me. We imagined the best lives for ourselves - having a big house with every stray dog we could handle!


Sarah dreamed of writing books and having a houseful of puppies. I always hoped Sarah could follow her dreams with me by her side - as her silent companion, always still, always smiling.


She and I had an understanding, you see. She once told me, "I know you're only a doll, Jenny. I know you're not a REAL person. But I can pretend you are, and certainly that counts for something!!" She seemed to know it DID count for something - that when she spoke to me and acknowledged that I was only fabric and stuffing, a slight ache formed in my lifeless chest, and in some sense, I was more real than she knew.


Click here for the next post: Jenny story (4)

https://sarahsbonnetbees.blogspot.com/2021/10/the-stories-jenny-held-4.html?m=1

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Craziness of Faith

What if I'm not a Victorious Christian?

How I Met Sam Part 1