Living in Shadows


Living in shadows becomes my habit
To shelter from life in murky grey
I feel the in-between -
Seeing visions of day I still prefer
The hidden space, a comfort from blinding light
Seeking to uncover, reveal, unravel
Inner workings that would widen my sight
Perhaps too far
Too broad
Beyond what I know.

Bravely I step away from hiding -
Boldly embrace the light of day -
Cast off fear and donning courage
Open my eyes and see there is more...
A work to undertake,
A journey to make -
The pathway is for the bold, daring, foolhardy.
All caution disdained I set my face like flint
Embark to see, to know, to discover
How light shall not frighten
How Truth is a person
How I can become free in the light
Known in love
Embraced in Truth.

Living in shadows has its time, its space
But its work is to shield what can't be seen
Until such time as vision grows, heals
And light invites the courageous to enter.

Comments

  1. Wow, Sarah. While I may not grasp all the imagery, I do feel that the tone is one of hope. Brava!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's beautiful! I love it. Maybe we can share poems sometime:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hannah! I'd love to read your stuff! I'll bet it's good!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

23 years and half my life

The Craziness of Faith

Radical Hospitality