Why is my Dining Room Pink?

Why is my Dining Room Pink?

Pink is the colour of little girls and confident men
Hues to catch evening's glowing warmth
Reflecting hope of hours to feast
In table fellowship with family and friends.

"No one paints a dining room pink"
Not so...I do.
A child's imagination never dies
A woman harbours a little girl

"Come Gather At Our Table"
Announces the archway
Inviting and welcoming all 
To sit in the pink surroundings
To turn from the four walls to the faces before us

Tonight I will open my home _
My pink dining room
Complete with gold-glitter 60's flooring
(Soon to be no more)...
And I will live a fairy-tale dream

A haven of warmth will shelter the guests
Tea warm and steamy
Banana Bread to comfort
And Pink to be just a little bit different.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Craziness of Faith

23 years and half my life

Radical Hospitality