The laugh-ers of heaven

The Laugh-ers of heaven

They are the laugh-ers
Who populate the halls of heaven

I only can picture in my
Grief-tainted Remembrance
Their laughter:

Heads thrown back
Eyes leaking tears of
Hilarity

Joke-cracking
Wild, unrestrained
Overflow

I feel the echoing joyful blast -
Peals of delight
Crash into memory
Like waves erasing lines on
Sandy shores

Smoothing churned up grooves and hastily constructed
Palaces complete with
Moats and barrier walls

To be alive
To breathe is to
Laugh

And I hear them from afar
These laugh-ers of heaven:
Dad, Kimberly, Ben - so many

"I'm alive, more alive than you know or feel.
My laughter only grows,
It bellows
Unleashes
Resounds.

Life is breath
Breath is laughter"

Whispers float disrupting
Ponderings
Sorrows
Losses
Sadness hangs heavy
But the laugh-ers of heaven have the last word...
Or the last laugh

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Craziness of Faith

23 years and half my life

Radical Hospitality