Roast Beef and Shallot Mushroom Sauce

I made this for supper tonight - with baked new potatoes and Mom's great coleslaw.

Roast Beef:

Sirloin Tip Roast

Marinate in:
2 minced cloves garlic (sorry I can't stomach the jar stuff - go with fresh!)
1 T minced fresh ginger
1t. soy sauce
2 T any viniagrette/Italian salad dressing you like
1/2 c. red wine (I used the Cabernet from Aldi)
1 T. olive oil
fresh ground pepper

Rotate so it gets all the marinade all over it. Marinade as long as you like - a couple hours is good.

Roast in oven however long you usually like it - I like it a bit on the rare side.

Slice and serve with Sauce below:

Slice 2 shallots
Slice an 8 oz (or more) box of fresh mushrooms (canned doesn't cut it) - I had some crimini (baby bella's) and some regular button mushrooms
Saute in 1 T butter (I try not to use too much because I like the flavour of the shallots and mushrooms to shine, not the butter). I had a little left over bacon grease and added a bit which gave a great flavour.
After they're quite nicely sauteed, add 1/2 c. of the same red wine used in the marinade. Boil it down a bit - however much you like.
Sprinkle on a generous shake or two of Cavender's Greek seasoning (this appears in almost everything I make that is savory!)

Serve over sliced Roast Beef!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Craziness of Faith

What if I'm not a Victorious Christian?

How I Met Sam Part 1