Weed-Like Faith

What do I mean when I talk about faith? Often the term is tossed about loosely - hinting at vague sentiments and irrational belief. The kind of faith I seek to have is the faith that saves - delivers, rescues and changes me from within.

That kind of faith is simple, humble, realistic, honest before God. That faith is like an arm reaching out and grasping the only thing that provides any true hope – a faith that actively and aggressively holds onto what has been revealed. Mustard seed faith takes root and grows like a weed, refusing to give over ground that it dominates. Where faith stakes its territory there is room for nothing else. This is the kind of faith I pray the Lord blesses me with – as a gift from His hand.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

23 years and half my life

The Craziness of Faith

Radical Hospitality