There was an error in this gadget

Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Family News

So, on the home front we have a house that seemed to have sold, but then didn't.  We have school beginning in a couple weeks - 4 kids in 4 different schools (if you count home as school).  We have Sam leaving this week for an assist-a-friend running an M.K. school in another country (email me with questions: sscplogan@gmail.com) - for 10 days.  Mother-in-law leaves for a week to visit a friend in Canada.  And I will be at home trying to not yell at the kids.  (I need to revisit some of the Anger in Parenting issues I've written on previously).  Of course I won't yell at the kids.  Really.  I won't.  Because two weeks ago Sam set up the trampoline and when I need a breather I just go out there and jump 100 times.  It usually does the trick.

  The buyer for our house fell through on trying to get their loan - and we lost 6 prime weeks of selling time.  It could be aggravating, frustrating or disappointing - and is on some level.  But I keep saying, 'God is in control.  He has His reasons for this and I will trust He knows what He's doing.'  In the mean-time this means for us that we continue to live strapped financially since we pay rent + house payment.  It is easy to begin down a path to worry.  But God keeps providing for us and meeting our day to day needs.  I often tell myself, 'Give us this DAY our daily bread.  Not next week's, next month's or beyond.'  Trust, trust, trust - it sounds so simple, but to actually do it each day requires faith, faith, faith.

So there we have it.  Our latest news.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, friend...trust, trust, trust...each challenge produces beautiful faith, faith, faith...one day at a time. Praying with you all. The Lord sees you! <3
    Much Love, Cynthia :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cynthia! At least we DO have a wonderful house to rent in the meantime ;) I wonder how you're managing with 6!!! Your life must be crazy hard and wonderful all at the same time! Blessings to you - I still mean to reply to you one of these days.

      Delete