How I Met Sam Part 11

The man with the knife turned and looked in my direction. I thought our eyes met and wondered why he didn't come after me. He was about 3 feet away from where I was standing. I don't always include this part of the story because it was so confusing to me and I am not sure what to make of the 'miraculous' - or 'out of the ordinary'. In my shock I didn't move and he turned back to his digging.

I began to think my parents weren't alive. I couldn't fathom that.
There was a lot of noise and commotion going on in the room across the hall. Without thinking about the man in my parents room I turned and opened the sliding door to the guest room.
The noise from the sliding door caused the three men inside to stop and look up and me. Again, they made no response to my presence and continued to wrestle with our houseguest, beating him again and again on the head. They were on top of the bed, on top of our guest. I noticed they also had knives – one a large Chinese meat cleaver.
There were knives and fist fighting – other than the Asian meat cleaver, a long carving knife. Sam was fighting against them. I wanted to stop them. I wanted to scream. I was frozen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Craziness of Faith

23 years and half my life

Radical Hospitality