How I Met Sam Part 13

I got to the neighbours house, winded and scared that the men were on my heels. The distance was about a block - but up a bunch of stairs and a hill. Once at their door I tried the doorbell but it didn't seem to work. I started banging on the metal frame door. I was trying to not be too loud cuz I was sure the thieves were following me, but since I didn't see them I just kept banging. After what seemed like an eternity (probably 3 minutes or so), finally the Mrs. came down in p'js and groggily answered the door.
It was a amazing they even heard me!

"Hurry! Call the police! They've broken in! They're killing Sam. They've probably killed my parents! They have knives! Quick!"

"Oh, hi Sarah. Now, what's going on? Are you sure you're not having a bad dream? You want us to do what? Do you know it's 3 a.m.?" she said.

"C'mon! Quick! Get the phone!" I said.

"Okay, here - Lincoln [her husband] - call the police."

Lincoln: 'It's busy - why's it busy at 3 a.m.?!'
Sarah: 'No, silly, this is Hong Kong - it's not 911 here! - You've got to dial 999!'
Lincoln: 'Oh, okay, now it's working.' 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Craziness of Faith

23 years and half my life

Radical Hospitality